Monday, September 6, 2010

Starting Over...Again

I started my first blog a few years ago as an experiment.

I was interested in seeing what I could do with the blog format to promote my books, and I wanted to use it to blow off some literary steam from time to time.

And so I began writing the epic blog "Greg Budig (Thoughts, Ideas, Ramblings and Stuff)". I must admit that it was a lot of fun at times. I was able to do some book promotion, some creative writing things and generally have a forum for my opinions. I had so much fun that I decided to start a blog for my second book "Still (A Winter's Journey)".

With that blog I was able to journal about the day to day experiences with that book, from release to reviews to book signings. I felt it was a great way to get the word out.

But now I'm at a crossroads, I felt I needed to simplify my presence on the internet. Between a website that I haven't updated in years, two blogs that have started to compete for my attention, a Jacketflap page I do nothing with....I was getting overwhelmed just thinking about it!

So I've decided to start over with a clean slate, and here it is! I hope to manage this one blog and tie it in with my "Greg Budig Author & Illustrator" Facebook page. Next I need to inform my handful of followers about the change and hope they decide to follow this one. Then I will, in time, delete the other two blogs off the face of the Internet.

So here it is, a new start...a new beginning!!!!! Hope to hear from you soon!

take care

Greg Budig

6 comments:

  1. You can get overwhelmed and overdone... but a presence on the internet with a blog and a website is almost a must for a writer or illustrator. I like the look of your new blog and look forward to hearing more about your books and views on writing and illustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ginger,
    Hope to get this all worked out soon!

    take care
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Greg, I have really enjoyed your ramblings and such, so I will follow you where you may go!
    Good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS-the choice on the "At the end of the day cover" looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary Lou!!!
    I'll have to get busy and actually put something on here before all my followers wander away!!!

    take care
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following! Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete